onOne software recently announced Perfect Photo Suite 8, the new version of their flagship photo editing product available in November 2013. Although honestly, calling it a product is misleading. It’s actually several different ones rolled up into one. They call them modules but each one is a full fledged application with amazing capabilities, and they all work together seamlessly.
The new version includes:
- Black & White
- Enhance and Browse
I’ve been using Perfect Photo Suite 7 for a few months now and I’ve been impressed. It works as a stand alone applicaton or as a plugin for Apple Aperture, which is the way I use it. It also works with Lightroom and Photoshop of course.
Since I started using Perfect Photo Suite, I haven’t opened Photoshop much. In fact, I’m pretty sure that these days I only open PS for the Liquefy tool once in a while. Other than that, everything I want to do I can do with Aperture and Perfect Photo Suite.
The Portrait module has a pretty impressive skin smoothing feature. The B&W module has so many options that it’s easy to get the exact look you want. Masking is super easy with their “masking bug” and it’s great to have layers without having to open Photoshop. And if you want to print a huge image, the Resize module can upsize a photograph with minimal loss in quality. It’s truly impressive.
I can only imagine what the new version will do and I’m eager to try it out.
A few new features from Perfect Photo Suite 8:
- The Perfect Eraser with content-fill technology
- A re-engineered Effects module that performs better and is built on adjustable filters and presets that you have ultimate control over
- New filters (there will be more than twice as many!) that let you add popular looks and effects—including HDR, Dynamic Contrast, Vintage, Antique, and Grunge
- FocalPoint technology more seamlessly integrated with the rest of the Suite
- An easier to use Masking Bug
- A more flexible and powerful batch processing options
They’re offering a discount during the pre-sale period if you order before 19 September. There’s also a live webinar where they’ll show a sneak-peek of what’s new in Perfect Photo Suite 8.